Friday, December 16, 2011

Sometimes you just gotta laugh at yourself!

Phew what a crazy pregnancy this has been! I was just sitting on the couch thinking about everything that has happened and I thought to myself, "Holy moly this has been a drama filled year!" First the Hyperemises, then the miscarriage scare, then getting sick with the flu and one day after getting better getting sick with a cold virus, oh then there was being rushed to the hospital for pre-term labor. At that point I kid you not I thought, "Wow if I can go through all this I can get through anything, bring it on!" Big mistake as two weeks later I was back in the hospital for four days with a big kidney stone!
Yes they are extremely painful, maybe more so than labor! I have strong beliefs against taking pain meds, and it took my Dr. telling me, "Either you take the drugs or we deliver this baby early and risk complications!" I can't say it was tough decision to make since the pain was awful and I was soo happy to pass that sucker just before going into surgery! So after that I had another visit for pre-term labor and now finally I am in the safe zone! I don't have to worry about stopping labor anymore and now the baby can come any day.
I can't tell you how relieved I am! So this is a celebration for me, because I am so done with the drama. I can't even imagine what kinds of things other women have gone through because I know there are others who have been through much worse. I just feel super blessed that the baby is healthy and growing and will be in my arms soon. Oh and you can bet your bottom I'm going to milk being on maternity leave, that means Garett has diaper duty specially the tar diaper duty lol! You know what I'm talking about!
Anyway I wanted to thank all of you for being so supportive and offering your prayers, they have made a huge difference! Ultimately I can honestly say I haven't suffered too much stress from all of this because ultimately it wasn't anything I didn't think I could get through, and I know things could have been so much worse.
When I think about the kids I already have, I just think how lucky I am to be having a third. Will I have a fourth? I'm thinking "No way Jose!" but really anyone who knows me well enough would say, "She's having more!" We'll see I know Garett wouldn't mind a fourth but I'm taking a five year break at least!! Maybe we could adopt one day, who knows!
Alright enough blabbering just felt like writing!

xoxox
Marion

17 comments:

Anita Wells said...

Phew, I bet you'll be glad when your little bundle arrives. You've been through a lot but worth it in the end I'm sure. xx

Katie J. said...

Aw Marion, you poor thing! You have shown great strength in enduring all these troubles. I am so happy the little one is good and healthy. After this pregnancy you deserve a diaper duty break! Big hugs,

Katie

Unknown said...

It's hard having a special pregnancy but with Garrett helping out, you can do it. A fourth would be nice three years from now. Can't let them be too far apart. Keep yourself healthy, you're in our prayers.
<3

Karen Poirier-Brode said...

Marion, all sorts of good wishes for a successful completion of this pregnancy and for you both to be healthy. Unfortunately, kidney stones can recur, particularly with pregnancy and they do cause some of the worst pain we know. You've been very brave, labor should seem easy now (well,easier). All the best!

bluucaca said...

Marion i'm glad you are doing much better. We have missed you but it's more important that you take care of yourself and that bundle of joy on it's way.

Unknown said...

This post was like getting Happy Mail.

Happiest of Holidays to you and your beautiful family Marion

Hugs
Erika

eileen hull said...

Hoping things stay a little calm for you Marion! Merry Christmas and enjoy feeling well :-)

JustaFewDesigns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JustaFewDesigns said...

So glad your feeling better! Wishing you and your family a Blessed Merry Christmas,
Elsa
xoxo
had huge typos the 1st time around!

Mrs. ABC said...

You are one strong woman. Can't wait for your little one to arrive.

LisiB said...

Ohhh, I am so happy to hear that you have reached the "safe zone"!!! Yeah!I have been going through a similar pregnancy and now that the baby should arrive, it is taking it's time!!! All the best for the rest of the pregnancy!!!!

kathy said...

So glad to here from you -- was concerned when someone else answered an e mail -about a product --- Praying for you ,HAve a blessed Christmas -- KAthy - ga

Lori Yee said...

Your so sweet. Think of other people when your going through so much. Bet you where so happy when that nasty stone past. Suckers are horrible.
One thing for sure,You know this little baby is going to be a tough one.
Hey maybe a Christmas baby? My niece was born on Christmas what an amazing gift from Lord that year.
Keep yourself happy and relaxed. My family will be praying for you wonderful and blessed Christmas and New Year for you and your family.

Leialoha said...

Sending warm Blessings to you, Garett, and your 'ohana! Your Creative Spirit shines brightly!
Aloha nui loa, Mahalo ke Akua.
Lei

Dainty Diva said...

I am very glad to know you are doing well. I had missed coming to your site and thought of you and wondered when you were to deliver. God's blessing to you, the little one and the rest of your precious family, Garret and the kids.

Brenda said...

awww sooo sorry to read everything you have been going through Marion....loveee hearing your lil ones in the background of your videos they are just to precious...
keeping you in prayer
hugs
Brenda

VJ said...

Hi Marion,

Wow when you recap like that, it really does make you think. You're a strong, brave, and wonderful person and I wish you and your family all the best.

I always keep you in my prayers and my little one also says "God Bless Marion and her family!" It's totally cute! She chimes in like its routine. She also follows along with me, all your youtube and ustream vids. You've inspired my little to be creative!

Wishing you all the best!!

Veronica